I recently had some good feedback from a couple of really nice folk asking for advice/help/comment on some Sun/STK/Oracle 6xxx series issues they were having. I’ll start to try and put more stuff up about the arrays.
One very decent document I read was the upgrade guide. It’s pretty simple to read doc and contains good information about the upgrade process.
Sun Storage 6000 Series Array Firmware Upgrade Guide
To that end, it’s not exactly obvious, since the move away from Sunsolve, how to find the software in the MOS portal. To locate the 6xxx series software for the firmware upgrade process, I’ve put together this ‘where is it’ step by step.
1. Login to My Oracle Support at https://support.oracle.com/.
2. Along the top of the window that opens as your first page, click on the ‘Patches & Updates’ tab.
3. In the Patch Search pane, click on “Product or Family(Advanced Search).”
4. Tick or check the box for “Include all products in a family.”
5. In the Product field, clock the drop down and select “Sun StorageTek 6000 Series Software”
6. In the Release field, select “Sun StorageTek 6000 Series software 1.0”. It should already be selected, but just check.
7. Select the platform to install the tool and click search OR as i wanted to see all I just clicked Search.
8. This will take you to a new window with your search results. -Patch 10265930: “Sun StorageTek 6000 Series Array Firmware Upgrade Utility”
9. Download the zip file and extract the executables.
Once you have the file extracted and installed, we proceed to the firmware updates themselves.